View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 06:42 AM

Default Re: Getting Killed in Vegas 2/4 Games and Can\'t Find a Way Out

[ QUOTE ]
However, I'm curious as to why you think I have no idea of starting hand values because I lost with AK vs A2o after flopping top two?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure anybody said you have NO idea of starting hand value, but you have displayed a lck of full understanding.

From memory, you said you play 99+ KQo+ KQs+ AJo+ and AJs+ (maybe more hands, but definately you had a very narrow starting hand requirement.)

Other experienced posters, winning poker players, have told you how to expand that range. Going as 'low' as 56s and playing 98s or suited gappers Q9s. Of course these hands are positional plays, not to be played from any position.

That your starting hand range was SO narrow shows you do not fully understand starting hand values. Most anybody knows the top end of the ranges, but profit comes from knowing the full range.
I myself was AMAZED when being told to play 'trash' like 98s and Q9s, but I put faith in the forum users and the books I read, and by golly it works.

One more thing about the AK vs A2, I think you done something I was very prone to doing, which was playing for big pots whenever I hit the flop and not slowing down when I could be outdrawn, however unlikely.
The amount of times I sat there thinking "no way he has hit runner runner trips" and carrried on raising, and guess what, he had hit runner runner.

It might say it in SSHE, if not, I have definately seen it posted on these forums

"A bet saved is a bet won"