View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 04:26 AM

Default Re: Absolute Poker Scandal: An Inside Job

[ QUOTE ]
Also, Gaming Associates (GA) also audits for people other then the KGC. Check out this page:

GA Jurisdictions

/edit I'm not saying I think they are good at what they do, just that I think they actually are independent. Theoretically, if they were actually doing their job, they would have uncovered all this [censored] long before we (the community) did.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not reasonable to think that Gaming Associates should have already been on top of this. They don't pore over all the data; they don't basically do all the work that the AP security people are supposed to do. I'm sure what they examine are the processes that AP has adopted, the quality assessment and continuous improvement methodology, possibly some validation of specific aspects of the software, and periodically some simple data analysis of game logs ex post. They may or may not do a thorough job of this.

Now it has been called into question whether the AP processes are adequate for detecting chip dumping, and for detecting the specific form of cheating that involves seeing hole cards. It's possible that at least with respect to hole cards that AP doesn't have a check for that, but relies on validation of the software. These questions justify more examination than what is done in their routine audits. Whether Gaming Associates is the right company depends on whether there is another more suitable.

This forum was clamoring for AP to be audited not so long ago, saying it was the only way for them to regain the trust of the player community. Now some people are posting that they're not satisfied that it is happening.