View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 04:13 AM

Default Re: Absolute Poker Scandal: An Inside Job

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh.. and don't get too excited about the independent auditor. I'm already calling shenanigans with it.

By the time the auditor examines their system, they can easily cover up or remove any damning evidence.

For example, they could disable Account 363's superuser access. They could fix it so there is absolutely zero evidence that the account ever had such access.

Obviously AP would not readily invite a third-party investigator into their computers and files if they weren't 100% sure they'd come out smelling like roses.

The only way I would accept the validity of this "audit" is if the auditor works in conjunction with a player representative who helps direct what is actually examined. I will volunteer for this job, but as long as any trusted 2+2er is selected for it, I'll be just as happy.

What I don't want to see is this auditor being led around on a leash by AP, and subsequently coming out giving them a favorable report.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really, really, really think the Abso security dept is too stupid to be able to do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know they've shown unbelievable ineptitude so far, but now someone up there MUST know they are in big trouble now, you don't think at this point they'd make it a point to get someone who knows what they're doing to clean things up before the auditors looked at things?

EDIT: Assume theoretically Abso completely cleans up any trace of 363 etc, what are the changes of GA working with the evidence found here?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends solely on the integrity of AP' backup tapes, files, dvd's or whatever they are using for backup media. Any investigation into this matter must be done on basis of the backups, if they can be trusted (ie. integrity is ok). Backups must be restored to a different system, and data has to be analysed thoroughly. Othervise there are no guarantees that an investigation or audit will give the correct result.

Brgds,

Lars
CISA, CISM