View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 03:30 AM

Default Re: I just blew my bankroll on blackjack....

$2000 bankroll for blackjack is too small...blackjack is even more of a grind than poker

the variance is so high that you were bound to bust out with your bankroll in most places...as a rule of thumb, for a weekend of play of about 20 hours your should have 50 big bets, and do not put out your big bet until the count is +3 TC using hi/lo, or when you have a +ev over 1%...you need to look at risk of ruin information...

with $2000 as your stake you would have $40 as your top bet, so you can play only low limit games as you need to spread from $5 to $40 to have a chance to beat the game...perhaps only in Reno/Tunica could you find enough good low limit/single deck games to play with your bankroll.
Shoe games would require you to spread more to beat them, and i don't think your bankroll could take that for long...

blackjack takes a bigger bankroll than poker...stay away from blackjack, particularly the Vegas Strip games, until you have over $10,000 in your bankroll...read stuff by Arnold Snyder if you want to do blackjack