View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 02:26 AM

Default Re: College Basketball Catch up Thread

[ QUOTE ]
I'd imagine Hibbert, Macklin, Summers, Ewing and Wallace on the court at the same time will be a common occurrance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be willing to bet that this lineup sees the floor for less than 5 minutes all year, if at all. Not enough ball handling and would likely lead to a lot of fouls, not to mention that we have more depth at guard than in the frontcourt.

I've seen both Freeman and Wright play a lot, and each is more than ready to contribute. It's hard to predict what will happen with CW, as he will miss a lot of practice and the start of the season due to his broken foot. Since he will also be competing with Rivers (who, unfortunately, doesn't look to have improved his shot at all), he may struggle to pick up minutes at first.

Freeman, on the other hand, has to play - he is simply too good not to. He'll probably be the second best 3 point shooter on the team, will have by far the best midrange game, and will be up there for best penetrator with Sapp and Wright. I wouldn't be surprised to see him play just as much as Macklin, at least while Wright is out. That may change later, but only due to need. I'd be surprised if Freeman wasn't our best player off the bench this year.