View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 12:22 AM

Default Re: Dogfighting, Sports memorabilia and now genetics.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Many of the comments made by this guy prove that he is merely a bigot, and his "assertions" have nothing to do with scientific evidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to concede some of his statements in the article, particularly the one about anyone having to work with black people are bigotted. I am more interested in the studies he mentions.

There was the book, "The Bell Curve" that was mentioned in the article. Apparently, there is some evidence to support his assertions in that.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is certainly some evidence that different groups of people have slightly different types of intelligence and capacities. Its a little sad that this has to be met with such hysteria, but thats the way it is I guess. It is important to mention that the methods for testing intelligence and the ways we categorize different intelligences are so atrocious that it drowns out the actual data in noise, IMO. And that doesn't even begin to get into the CONCLUSIONS we draw from that. There is still far more variability WITHIN groups than BETWEEN groups, a concept which people seem to have a very hard time grasping. The average white guy is more like the average black guy than I am like the average white guy (phrased a little weird, hopefully that is clear).