View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 12:14 AM

Default Re: I saw the Pic Contest and didn\'t fold my KK,.... Now What???

Great post Pokey, as usual.

2 questions, though,

1.) Are you advocating a smooth call preflop for anything over a buyin and 4-betting anything under a buyin, preflop, with KK?

2.) The last paragraph about checking behind, how does this not put you in a bad spot when villain leads the turn? How could I fold at that point, with no additional information on his had, if he leads a non Ace turn? Wouldn't I be forced to call and almost by default, lose more money than the line I took? I get the fact that smooth calling allows them to hand themselves. Many of my biggest wins in my PT DB are from this and I'm a big believer in it, but in this spot, I think it increases my losses on this hand as I never made the villain define his hand when I checked behind. Please explain.

Whyzze: I was experimenting to see what reaction I would get. It was an aggro table and I wanted to see if someone would try to stomp on me.

Lastly, if anyone cares, I did fold the hand. I had the same thinking as you guys, but I wanted to see if there was a consensus out there that I just folded my hand to AQ.