View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 12:08 AM

Default Re: *** THE OFFICIAL VINCE YOUNG MADDEN JINX THREAD ***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one that remembers how bad the Titans were pre Vince, and how they are favorites to make a Wild Card with Vince Young? Not to mention the Titans might have the least amount of offensive talent in the entire NFL outside of Young.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my original post. The point of this post is to oppose the comments that VY "sucks." I understand that the Titans strength is their defense, this isn't a hard concept to grasp. My point is that VY has zero offensive talent. They have the worst receiver/te group in the NFL, and one of the worst groups of RB's, yet the team still wins with him at QB. The point of saying this, is that if he was an awful player, with no offensive weapons, and a great defense, they would still lose games. Obviously he isn't one of the best qb's in the league, my main point if that he has nothing to work with offensively and he is getting ripped when his team has a 11-7 record with him through 18 games starting in the toughest division in football.

Obviously the defense is the main reason that they are winning games, but he has still had a positive influence on the teams win loss record, and this is without very little help on offense. I don't understand why this is a view that so many people are coming down so hard on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think it is possible that Vince Young HURTS the teams chances to win and they still manage to win? I don't mean is it likely, just is it POSSIBLE?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think its POSSIBLE that the fact that he has zero offensive weapons severely hurts his stats? Do you think its POSSIBLE that he has certain intangibles and skills such as leadership/4th quarter comebacks/running ability that aren't shown in his QB Rating?

These are all as much possible as the fact that he hurts the titans.

Like honestly, what numbers do we expect from this guy with the players around him on offense? Am I really incredibly far fetched in thinking that VY is better than his numbers say, and that he has a positive influence on his teams win loss record?

I've never said he is the sole reason the the Titans have become competitive, if thats how it sounded initially I apologize for not explaining my point better, I assumed it was obvious that the Titans D was the main reason for their success. But I strongly believe VY has had a positive influence on the Titans record and success, and the only evidence I have for that is that their win loss record is better with him than without him, along with the previous mentioned intagibles, but thats enough for me.