View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 11:43 PM

Default Re: *** THE OFFICIAL VINCE YOUNG MADDEN JINX THREAD ***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one that remembers how bad the Titans were pre Vince, and how they are favorites to make a Wild Card with Vince Young? Not to mention the Titans might have the least amount of offensive talent in the entire NFL outside of Young.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one who notices that the internet sucked a lot before I was born but it is pretty much awesome since I was born?

IOW, correlation != something something something

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a great point, because you have as much influence on the internet as a quarterback does on an NFL teams W-L record.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well thats kind of begging the question isn't it?

But that is sort of the point anyway. In my example is OBVIOUS that I'm not directly causing the effect. In the football example is is far less obvious but it is still a fallacious argument. Thats kind of the point of analogies, ya know? Compare one thing to a more obvious example of that same thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are implying that you obviously have no influence on the awesomeness of the internet, just like VY has no influence on the W-L record of the Titans, I grasp that concept. But that doesn't make you correct, or prove a point, because VY has directly influenced the W-L record of the Titans. Ya know?

Congratulations, you created an analogy. One that is far from the truth. Ya know?