View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 11:32 PM

Default Re: Played Poker With A White Supremacist Last Night

I'm a bit late to this party, but I have two points.

(1) One of the things I love about poker is that (almost always) nobody cares who you are, where you come from, who your parents are or what you look like. I have played with every ethnic group you can imagine, fat people, dumb people, smelly people, and Wendeen Eolis. Once I met a woman who was a lion tamer and had previously starred in kung fu movies. (There is another story there but this is the wrong thread.) At the table, all that matters is how you play and how you treat the other players. If you play well, and act right, you will be fine. I trust people I have met in poker more than lots of people I have been in business with. Some of the poker people that I trust, I don't even know their real names. So, suppose this guy, who may or may not be Tiny, sits down at my game. That is fine with me. I am not going to question his tats, inquire about how he got them, or speculate on the kind of person he is. I will keep an open mind and find out soon enough.

(2) Most of the people making posts about what "happens" in prison have never been inside one. Please.