View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Absolute Poker Scandal: An Inside Job

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Another question: if these were the site's owners, why would they have to chipdump to other accounts before withdrawing?

[/ QUOTE ]

good question

[/ QUOTE ]

because the accounts didnt belong to them and they had to get the money into accounts that did.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the Dan Druff theory. But the later evidence suggests that POTRIPPER actually was registered to Scott Tom directly, unless I'm missing things. That makes it plausible the other accounts are, too, and that the dumping was all done as a hilariously misguided attempt to say "See, no cheating here! Regressing nicely to the mean, boss!"

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I believe it was account 363 that was registered to Scott himself. We still don't know who POTRIPPER was registered to, right?

Also, keep in mind that POTRIPPER and STEAMROLLER were never actually seen dumping chips, to my knowledge. Only GRAYCAT and DOUBLEDRAG were witnessed doing this. Perhaps STEAMROLLER and POTRIPPER were directly registered to Scott & pals, while GRAYCAT and DOUBLEDRAG (the first two to show up on the cheating scene) were compromised.

Keep in mind that over 300k was dumped from DOUBLEDRAG to REYMNALDO. There has to be a reason for this -- and I doubt it was just a pathetic attempt to show that DOUBLEDRAG can run bad.