View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Absolute Poker Scandal: An Inside Job

[ QUOTE ]
Can we go back to what role Mark Seif has in this?

With this new information I question whether or not Seif is involved at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

All that seems to have been posted so far was:

[ QUOTE ]
Mark introduced me to Scott at the Five Diamonds in 05. Scott told me how him and three of his frat buddies started AP. If I remember right Scott was selling out back then. I didnt see him at any of the WSOP 06 functions.

[/ QUOTE ]
Doesn't say much but I know when I read that I assumed its definitely possible that Mark was friends with Scott Tom and the incident that happened a while back where Seif said he'd be right back punk or whatever.. he was making a phone call to Scott Tom to have him come sweat his table telling him the cards his opponent had over the phone.

He probably wasn't granted complete access to the account for whatever reason but called Scott Tom up begging for help just that once since he was getting owned. And if Scott Tom is some cocky fraternity guy then I could envision how this went down and the complete lack of morals.

On a side note, i'm still not really understanding why exactly Scott Tom would be interested in cheating some players on his site out of a few hundred thousand dollars if he's the owner/CEO of the site. That doesn't make any sense if they have the money to buy Ultimate bet with $10 million. Just seems like the amount of money involved here is worth far more than a few hundred thousand. Just doesn't seem like a sensible enough motive.