View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 04:51 PM

Default Re: ***3000th Post: Tilt and R.A.A.***

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know how it works at PSTARS, but my best friend on FTP is the self-exclusion button. After blowing large portions of my Bankroll several times due to tilt, I have no problem at all hitting that button and forcing me not to play.

I realized that I don't have enough self control to force myself to sit out after tilting heavily....even after a couple of hours I find myself playing really badly after tilting.

But then the reason tilt and bad play go hand and hand with me, is the fact that I generally only tilt after I make a stupid play. You know what I'm talking about, that moment when you know Raising/Calling in a situation is absolutely the wrong decision....and you do it anyways, because one time it will work!!

Bad beats don't tilt me at all, after enough hands you realize it's a part of poker that is going to happen to everyone and move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually just took sort of a break from poker over the past month, and I used that self exclusion thing on FTP just to take away the temptation, but I'm actually sort of proud of myself because I really haven't tried to do anything crazy like making a new account, which I have done in the past.