View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 03:55 PM

Default Re: misread my hand, winner mucks

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, you were wrong.

If the dealer pushed you the pot, then he's wrong.

If the floor ruled that you should get the pot, then he's wrong.

If SB stood by and did nothing while the pot was shipped to you, then he's wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would advocate it be standard operating procedure for a dealer to always push the pot to the "non misdeclared hand" player in this situation?

No floor necessary? Just have the dealer unilaterally decide to ship the pot to the only player with a dead hand on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't put words into my mouth. When I said the dealer was wrong to push the pot to the OP, that does mean I think the dealer should "unilaterally decide to ship the pot to the only player with a dead hand on the river".

There's a third option, of which I think the dealer should avail himself: call the floor before pushing the pot anywhere.

[ QUOTE ]
I think any rulling should go in favour of said player, but it has to be instituted by the floor. AND the decision to call the floor should be made by the offended party, not the dealer.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a tournament. When something like this happens, every player in the tournament, even at other tables, is among the "offended party".

There are lots of times that a dealer should let the "offended party" make the call. A string bet in a heads-up pot is a fine example, because why call the infraction if the offended party WANTS to be raised? Who is being protected?

In this case, it's safe to assume that the offended party does not want the pot pushed to his opponent with the inferior hand.

And in a tournament, there is no such thing as heads-up pot, until there are only two players remaining in the tournament.