View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Re: ***3000th Post: Tilt and R.A.A.***

I find I have an easy time recognizing tilt these days. I will be stuck in a hand litterally think to myself "I should have never have gotten myself into this situation"

I still refuse to leave the table when I have position on the fish. I litterally force myself to slow down and verbalize every decision so I know I am making the right move based on the information presented.

Just to add to your post - I don't think I can over emphasize enough the importance of a proper bankroll and the effect that can have on your game. I played underrolled for the longest time and I would tilt with the best of them. One day I just didn't want to play at the level I had been playing at for whatever reason; so I dropped down a level for a session, I ended up running insanely bad to start off with getting AA cracked by J2 and then running QQ and KK into AA successively, but because the hit was minor compared to my roll, I completely shrugged it off.

"Oh well that's poker" and in the end I actually booked a small profit after losing almost 4 buy-ins in the first 15minutes.

3 days later I went back to the level I usually played at and ran into the same situation, where I dropped 2 buy-ins in a VERY short time. A few more bad beats and some insanely bad play and the next thing I know I've got the rest of my roll sitting on a 400nl table.

oops.