View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 03:18 PM

Default Re: I just raise/folded my flush on the turn. Wow.

I have thoughts on every street.

I think calling PF is a mistake. I don't think it's hugely -EV, but it's still minus EV IMO. If you throw in some more cold-callers in there, then I certainly like a call, but if it's 4-way to the flop, I can't see you getting your money back with far the worst of it.

I like raising the flop for the freebie (I think it's probably EV neutral in a vacuum) but again, it's not a huge mistake to just call.

The turn, however, is pretty bad. Yes, there are people I would insta-muck this against. However, I develop a read on them after many hands, not 3. How often do people who are apparently "good" make mistakes and mess up hands? I know I make blatant mistakes a lot, and if I got caught and someone saw me, they might be lead to think I play differently than I do.

That said, I think you must absolutely 100% of the time go to showdown here against an unknown. If he has a flush or a boat, so what? If the biggest mistake you make in any given day is calling down with a big hand in a big pot, then I think that's a pretty damned good day.