View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: call me the graph maker

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ace, i think you came off fine. it makes sense for you to step in. you could import all of the hands into pt3 and provide us with those nice graphs we're use to. i for one still would like to see them. you came off as just being helpful, not spammy. obviously, you're not an idiot and realize that it would be some good pr, but there's nothing wrong with that. phil stepped up to offer the beta of ev grapher and then he slammed you for doing the same thing. thought that was pretty classless on his part.

[/ QUOTE ]
rothko,

- My program has been free for months, and I don't even take donations even though many offer.
- Heaps of people ASKED for an EV graph. I'm the only person who does them right now.
- PokerAce has never posted before in BBV and probably doesn't even read it. This thread was linked from the HM thread.
- PokerAce has been promoting his unfinished product and dissing the competition for a while. He's got a chip on his shoulder. It's great that we got another graph, but his later comments prove me entirely correct. And as for his importing getting more hands - bear in mind that he got to do it on his own computer, and fix any bugs or skipped hands along the way. So of course he'll get 100% accuracy...he wouldn't post until he does, otherwise he can't take a cheap shot at Holdem Manager...

And no, I have zero financial or other interest in Holdem Manager. Quite the opposite.

So what are you talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

phil, i wasn't aware of any of the back story, so i didn't know that ace had been out of line in the past. that said, i can't pass judgment, as i haven't seen what's been going on in the software forum or wherever. if what you say is correct and it's gone beyond respectful competition than i apologize for saying your comments were classless.

if you can understand my perspective, it appeared to the uninformed that you both simply offered to help and it all seemed fairly harmless. without him being out of line in this thread, maybe it was still too quick of you to jump on him. anyway, i'm sure you're both good guys and softwars are clouding things a bit.