View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 01:21 PM

Default Re: I just raise/folded my flush on the turn. Wow.

I think the real gem from this type of hand is the reminder that you need to take into account all possibilities and have a plan for each before acting. If you feel weak enough with your small flush that you will fold to a 3-bet, then raising the river is a mistake. Call and showdown your hand. You're giving up some value here, but when the outcome is uncertain this is better then giving up an entire pot.

This hand is a tough place to think this way, since it was only on the river that you suspected your opponent might have cards of the same suit as you, but folding the made flush is bad enough that this is something you need to consider.

I had a very similar hand last night, where I completed a from the SB with 72s. I made my flush on the river, and the woman who had bet all streets continued to lead. She seemed unafraid (in her reaction to people's comments as well as in her betting patterns) of the flush draw coming in so I flat called her instead of putting myself in the awkward position of needing to decide if a 3-bet was absolute proof of a bigger flush.