View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 01:09 PM

Default Re: Absolute Poker Scandal: An Inside Job

We haven't talked about much yet about the fact that we have the cheater's EMAIL, don't we? e.g. we have Absolute UserID 363's email (or at least the one that he used to register his account, right?) Do we also have the email address of the other mysterious observer with the same IP address? How about POTRIPPER or GRAYCAT? Do we have theirs?

What can we do with this info (if anything)? Any sense in actually trying to email those accounts to see if we can elicit some sort of response? Although the following might be a blatant privacy breach, what about contacting acquaintances / connections at the email's domain/host to get more info...surely someone here has to have some connections to MSN...can we go anywhere with that?

EDIT: How about cross-checking not only the guy's email addy but ALSO the IP address from the mysterious User 363 (and/or Potripper's but i think i remember hearing that we don't have potripper's) with OTHER poker sites? e.g. I think I remember Nat saying that he's already done this and that other poker sites have not yet hit on a match of the same email addy being used to register an account anywhere else, but what about that IP address logging in to another site (!). I would find it hard to believe that Absolute is the ONLY poker software installed on the cheaters' computer, so might his IP address be something that ohter poker sites could crosscheck to see if anyone with that address has ever logged in?