View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 11:06 AM

Default Re: PokerFink\'s 2007 NFC Rankings (Week 6)

NFC as a whole is nothing special e/c the East.

North is weak. GB is decent but I really haven't seen anything special from them and they could be 6-0 if not for a horribly played 2nd half vs Chicago.

South is decent but nothing special. Carolina is 4-2 but they've won ugly and have lost their starting QB for the year. TB has won some good games and have been suprising. Atlanta is terrible and NO has totally underperformed.

West did rep the SB 2 years ago and did win 1 playoff game last year albeit luckily against Dallas.

Seattle is getting old. Their best player, Walter Jones will be retiring soon. Their "star" rb is on the wrong side of 30. Their receivers keep getting hurt year after year.

49ers are young but are old at some skill positions which seem to be slowing them down this year. Larry Allen has been bad which makes the running game terrible. Alex Smith's progression seems to have slowed a little this year without Norv. The D has been good, especially if they weren't on the field so damn much b/c of an incompetant O.

Arizona looked like it was starting to turn it around. They really have a solid D. Just their QBs keep getting hurt. Their running game which was pathetic last year is starting to turn it around. I think you can thank the coach for that.

The Rams. What can we say about them. Some people picked them to be good but they've been really, really bad. Losing Pace is killer for the whole O. When he got hurt the team has basically gone in reverse. Doesn't help that Bulger got hurt and their D is terrible.

Right now it's anyone's division other than the Rams. All 3 teams near the top can potentially win if they can get their act together. Of the 3, this may sound homerish but the 9ers have the easiest lane to improve and that's to fix the O and get the running game going. Seattle needs to get healthy quickly and get a running game going if it's possible. I'm worried about Zona now. Rattay needs Bolding back and needs to atleast play decently for the team to succeed. It's going to be tough losing Warner and Leinart though.

The Rams, I honestly don't know how to fix them this year. Maybe have a regeneration booth for Pace and Jackson and Bulger.