View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 09:44 AM

Default Re: Absolute Poker Scandal: An Inside Job

[ QUOTE ]
But can some systems-admin guys comment on the just how realistic an assumption it is that a testing account that was created 8 whole years ago, when the Absolute software looked and functioned very, very differently than it does now would CONTINUE to "work" through all the various upgrades, patches, software overhauls, etc, that have happened since Absolute's inception?

[/ QUOTE ]

You make a very good point and i'm not a network guy to any extent. But I would think that every upgrade, patch, and overhaul were specifically designed so as not to materially effect previously existing accounts. I dont recall any update from any site causing old accounts to function improperly due to a fundamental change in the system used.

Put another way, back when party was the #1 site, there were many legitamite users on this site who had their accounts for 6 or 7 years. These accounts survived through dozens of updates and never had their playing abilities rendered unfunctional by any of these updates simply because their accounts were old.

As long as no update caused a fundamental change in the way hole cards were transfered users 363's superuser ability would be uneffected.