View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 09:06 AM

Default Re: NL50 folded KK to a paired board.. was I right?

I think had you 3 bet pre-flop this hand would have been much easier to play. You would have taken it down PF, taken the lead or atleast have a better idea where you stand. Your in position use it to your advantage.

I think it's safe to assume the 5bb raise is 4bb plus 1bb for the limper. After his raise I would have bumped it up to $9ish and if he came over the top well then you have a decision, otherwise make a cbet as this paired board looks good for your hand.

As played I would have liked to see a raise on the flop, since you called to see a turn and he bet strong again, it looks like a fold (although there is a case for a push). Unless there is a specifc read I don't see the villian playing that strong without a strong hand. I don't like calling the turn as 50% of your stack has now gone in the middle by calling, and the pot is setup for a river shove.

Without a read or stats this hand is difficult to play as it sits. As said it looks like a push or fold, I don't like calling. But since you showed no aggression villian could think your calling with a low pp or on a diamond draw, I just don't know. I am looking forward to seeing toher responses.