View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 05:38 AM

Default Re: $15 Horse MTT nut low and low flush on a paired board

Thanks for these great replies. I'm glad you liked the way it was written, franknagaijr, because I'm french, and I was afraid it was filled with mistakes.

Preflop I didn't cap because my hand is mostly playing for low and if I don't flop a low draw, I'll have to fold. Now, I understand that I need to build a pot while some are willing to call. So capping was maybe better.

On the flop, I doubt I can get a king or queen high flush draw to fold, but maybe somoene with 7-8 might fold and 6's might become outs.

On the turn, if find interresting that you disagree. I decided to bet at that point beacause, I was not too concerned about winning only 1/6, maybe I should have, and as long as everybody stayed in the pot I could bet and not lose anything if I was 3/4ed, since I had conterfeit protection (which other nut lows might not have). That's why I bet : nothing to lose everything to win.

On the river you agree on slowing down and that's mostly why I posted this hand. I was of course not considering folding.

What I meant by "7/8thed" was winning 1/8 of the pot, not 7/8 of it. Thanks franknagaijr for the word octivated.
When I wrote 3 third, I meant 2 third of course.

Ok thanks again. Here are the results

tommi1212: shows [2c 8c 5d Ad] (HI: two pair, Nines and Fives; LO: 7,5,4,2,A)
longminh: shows [4d 2s Ac 3d] (HI: two pair, Nines and Fours; LO: 7,5,4,2,A)
T_Chance: shows [As 3c Th 2h] (HI: a flush, Ten high; LO: 7,5,4,2,A)
T_Chance collected 1358 from pot
longminh collected 453 from pot
T_Chance collected 452 from pot
tommi1212 collected 452 from pot

It turned out they all had good starting hands and got excited without any decent high but straight draws.