View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 04:06 AM

Default Re: Aces up on river

[ QUOTE ]
PF minraise is pretty ridiculous, especially with this hand from EP.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm a really tight player by nature in tourneys. I'm not all that experienced in middle stage play (ante time). This raise (and many other I do) was just to keep my image up and not to look like a rock who's folding all but the top 10%. Is it not true min raises are more respected when antes are involved? If i was 3b pf obviously my hands in the muck.

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to bluff the turn bet more, or just check, but that 1k bet isn't doing anything useful.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed in the heat of the moment this is a terrible bet, probably a huge leak in my game, hes not folding to the bet and it gives me no information, point taken.
[ QUOTE ]
I think you could value raise the river, there's no way he's betting that small with 2 pair or better.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is another (of many i know) leak in my hand reading skills.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
You need to work on your game, this whole hand is bad in a bad way if that makes any sense. You misplayed it in a way that makes me question whether you understand the basic concepts of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]
This makes since to me 100%, I picked the game up 3 years ago which i believe is enough to know the basics, granted im sure i don't know 100% of the basics ill go read Harrington's books one more time, maybe twice