View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 03:11 AM

Default Re: ALCS - Indians vs Red Sox

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
carmona has had a really good season. are you guys really comparing anything about him to Pedro in his prime? there is not even any remote comparison.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard this mentioned a bunch of times during this debate.

No one is comparing Fausto to Pedro at all. The original omment was "Fausto has some of the best stuff since Pedro." If Pedro was 100-0 with a 0.00 ERA in his prime, that would not effect this debate. He clearly is saying Fausto has some of the best stuff SINCE Pedro, meaning Pedro is superior in a large or small degree. The comparison is not Fausto vs Pedro but is however Fausto vs pitchers with nasty stuff since Pedro's peak.

[/ QUOTE ]

He specifically said "the best stuff since Prime Pedro", and sent this to me via PM : [ QUOTE ]
I vividly remember pedro being able to make a ball violently rise to the left,right, straight up, down, down and to the left, down and to the right, and vary his speeds on all of them. He could make a baseball move in ungodly ways. I have not seen anyone else be able to do this until Fausto came along. This is a precise definition of having the best stuff since Pedro.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take from that what you will.