View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 12:30 AM

Default Thoughts and results...

Thoughts: The problem with bet, bet, bet is that if I get significant action with this board and me holding the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], I’m playing for stacks likely way behind. I don’t believe I’m getting three bets of value (while actually ahead) on this coordinated, monotone flop. He’d have to have a big piece with a big diamond to call 3 bets in my estimation. So I check with the intent on betting the turn and river with the security blanket of the nut flush draw.

However, he bet the flop which seems like a weak bet. And I didn’t want to chase him away. I let him bet again on the turn and was going to bet on the river if he checked the turn.

It looks like I slowplayed a big hand, which in a sense I am, and represented a naked A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the river. The 2 pairing the river was particularly nice as it counterfeited any two pair he might have had.

I agree, I should have bet $150 or more on the river. That looks like a real bluff and I get more value.

Results: UTG shakes his head, calls, and shows A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for a chop.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Garland