View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 12:29 AM

Default Re: OOT Departed - Roll Call

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I've never read Elaine's blog other than some posts linked on 2+2, but she is insane.

Her recent post is hilarious:

"But I have a story. It's not a rape story, but it could have been one if things were slightly different. It's not an empowering story, but it could have been one if things were slightly different. It's... well... you should just read it and tell me what kind of story you think it is.

Quite a few years ago (9 or 10 years ago) my roommate and I threw a party.

We had a good time and partied for a few hours. I went to bed alone while the party continued. I woke up with one of the male party-goers in my bed. And he had peed in my bed. And on me.

I was furious, but I didn’t identify what he did as assault and I certainly didn't think it was sexual assault. I just thought he was a careless drunk who had a crush on me.

I yelled at him, took a shower, and then smoked a bowl with him. The pot didn’t mellow me out and I was still mad at him. If you haven't noticed, I am exceptionally adept at holding a grudge.

Thing is, almost everyone told me I had no right to be angry. Their reasons were:

* I threw the party and should have anticipated it
* I smoked out with him afterwards so that proved I didn't think he was evil
* I didn't have a lock on my bedroom door so I was just asking for it
* He didn't mean it; he was just drunk
* It's only pee. It's not like he poured gasoline on me or shaved off my eyebrows.

They said I shouldn't be mad, not even about the property damage to my mattress.

Only a few people later said I was right to be mad and that in fact I should be even madder. They told me they thought he had gone in there rape me but was too drunk to get it up and peed instead. Or that he peed on me deliberately to “mark” me. They said I should go to the police.

I didn’t. I wanted to move past it, get on with my life, get a [censored] lock for my door, and never invite him to another party.

Turns out my experience isn’t uncommon. It’s happened to lots of women: we get peed on like we're fire hydrants."

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm never fond of trashing anyone, but man this woman is batshit insane.

[/ QUOTE ]
uh, slight derail (and i haven't read anything else by elaine) but i have to agree that what that dude did was f---ed up! I'd be irked too. How many of you guys wouldn't be mad if you went to sleep in your own bed at your party, and woke up with some chic peeing on you and your matress? Wait, this is OOT and probably your all's dream. argh.