View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 10:27 PM

Default Re: OFFICIAL NCAAF Rank\'em thread: October 14, 2007

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In light of Michigan's resurrection is some of the heat off Carr/English/DeBord? We had all written them off for dead after ASU/Oregon, but it turns out Oregon is a damn good team, and Michigan has won 5 straight since then against some tough teams.

[/ QUOTE ]
If they aren't gone at the end of this year, the fans will riot. Seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Michigan fans make me smile. Their program has the 2nd most wins in D1 in the last 10 years, but they hate the coach because he does poorly against tOSU and in bowls. 2 early season losses, and now he's fired regardless of what he does against tOSU and in the bowl...

[/ QUOTE ]

the thing is Michigan is underachieving

[/ QUOTE ]

if Carr deserves the blame for Michigan underachieving, he also deserves the credit for building a good team. The end product is what people should be concerned with. And during Carr's tenure, the end product has been very good.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so stupid. You can have a good team that underachieves.

I watch all the Michigan games. I see the monotonous, overly conservative playcalling (seriously, there are indicators via motion and personnel on the field that tip the exact play Michigan is going to run with near absolute certainty). I see teams that aren't even scouted for (App State and just about any opponent the coaches don't respect, the offense is noticeably different against teams that are supposed to be good). I see tons and tons of blown games in the 4th quarter (7-5 in 2005, losses by a total of something like 25 points, many other games that were just horrible in earlier years down the stretch). Sure it's easy to look at the end result and say, "Wow, they're doing a pretty good job." The thing is, the talent level there is usually so much better than a lot of the Big 10 except OSU that they can get away with this. It's as soon as the talent level is close or there is a mobile QB in a spread offense that Carr just goes to [censored]. He refuses to adapt, and there is no way he is going to this late in his career. If you actually watch the games, all his faults are apparent.