View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 09:29 PM

Default Re: Stars 50NL - Aces c/rd on a nasty board, interesting . . .

[ QUOTE ]
I think I would probably shove the flop and make him pay for any draw there. If i called the flop here, which I would do sometimes, I think the turn would have to be a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I I think a flop shove is probably the more optimal play, but I just can't make up my mind for sure. The problem is that at best i'm hoping to be 50/50 if he calls, and most of the time, or at least a lot of the time, I am absolutely slaughtered. So the plan with the hand was to flat call, hope for a turn brick, and evaluate his action from there, when his semibluffing (?) hand has considerably less equity. Might have been a bad plan, meh.

Anyhow, once I get to the turn, its far from a brick...its like, the opposite. Buuuut now I pick up the nut club redraw, and I felt at this point like hes probably paying off. Also, his bet is less than halfpot, which is interesting. Scared? Couldnt tell. But made me want to see a showdown a little more. Retrospectively speaking, his play is consistent with a middling club flush that had a pair/straight draw on the flop, which almost makes me wonder if a TURN shove might not have been terrible.... my play looks exactly like AcKc up to that point, he didn't seem like a showdown monkey, and I wouldn't need too much FE for that to be a profitable play.... Hmm. Interesting.

Obviously cant call river shove, dont think. He cant play a 1pair hand like this...... I think.

Ahhh...this game....