View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 09:08 PM

Default Foxwoods 10-20: Tough Turn versus a Check-Raiser -- Bet to Protect?

Foxwoods 10-20 Saturday morning. I'm running on about 3 hours of sleep, but the games were so good overnight that I wanted to stick around to put in a second session. Of course, when I arrive, the fishiest donks have departed and are replaced with familiar faces -- and I can barely see straight. Great . . .

The Villain in this hand, the BB, is a semi-regular who plays OK. She will check-raise two pair or better on the turn; however, she's smart enough to donk a one card flush OOP when there's four flush cards on the board. I'm not sure if she's capable of raising as a semibluff on the turn, however.

Anyway, I have been playing for a few hours, and get dealt K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the HJ. Folds to me, I look to my left, and the CO is giving his standard "I'm gonna fold on my action" tell, so I raise. Loose button cold calls, as does BB.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB leads out, I raise, Button folds, BB calls.

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB checks

Now what's the plan - bet to protect or check it through?