View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 08:51 PM

Default Re: Stoxtrader is \"In the Well\"

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Stox!

How do you think your former job has prepared you for becoming that good of a player and helped you to handle the step of going pro?

Did you ever have more than marginal psychological leaks? How did you get rid of these (doing yoga, reading books about psychology or s.th.)?

[/ QUOTE ]

trading stocks and playing poker have a lot of similarities, so I do think it helped. The biggest two reasons it helped though might be less common - I had the money to move up quickly without worrying about bankroll considerations, and I was used to 7 figure swings at my job, so whats a 5 figure swing? well, i guess one time its not my money and another it is, but I had plenty of experiences handling both big wins and losses and seperating luck from skill from clear decisions.

I think my mindset and risk attitude lends itself well to poker, if I ever did have any psychological leaks above say 5/10 LHE, I didn't know about it and still don't. My biggest leak currently might be playing a style in videos that I think makes for a better video but might not be the most +EV.