View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 08:11 PM

Default Re: X-Post from NVG

[ QUOTE ]
The problem is we don't know how this happened. There are theories that it involved someone on the "inside", or AP being hacked. The point is, since we have no idea HOW this happened, we can't say well stars is more secure.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is becoming highly likely that it was an inside job, if that accounts for anything.

However, the point remains that Stars has different software and different systems*. If Absolute had a software hole, then it is irrelevant to Stars (or Party, or whatever) because they use different software. If Absolute had a system hole, it is irrelevant to other sites because they use different systems.

However, because Absolute and Ultimate Bet are owned by the same mob, it would be reasonable to assume that there is some activities/software/processes/systems that are jointly used by both brands. Thus, I would be very wary of UB's activities.

[ QUOTE ]
A year ago I would not of believed it was possible to see other people's hole cards unless you had some kind of trojan on their computers or something. Now it seems that a way has been found and I think the most important thing is to find out exactly how this happened and eliminate the possibility of it ever happening again.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is fair, and I agree with this.

*in this context, I'm using the word 'systems' to refer to the non-software processes of the company - things like auditing, oversight, management, etc.