View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 07:58 PM

Default Re: X-Post from NVG

I believe it has changed the equation. There is obviously the possibility that these sites are "hackable"-- its looks like we hasve proof of that. So to say that my opinion of the industry security as a whole shouldn't go down is simply incorrect. Before this, I didn't believe it was possible. Now I'm sure that it is. Of course that affects my view of the security risks of all online poker.

But that's not what bothers me the most. At sites that allow PT and PAHUD, this type of idiot will get caught. But i'm more concerned about someone (or several dozen or 500 or whatever) who isn't so blatantly stupid. To be able to just slightly tip the odds -- to know when that all in is AA instead of QQ when you have KK, to know when that big river bet is a bluff when its close --- a superaccount could quietly take hundreds of thousands of dollars without raising eyebrows if it was operated by any number of intelligent persons. No one says you have to play 90/70 with infinity river aggression. You could play 23/17/5 with a hell of a sixth sense.