View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 07:29 PM

Default Re: Stoxtrader is \"In the Well\"

[ QUOTE ]
If you are beating LHE at 15/30 I would *think* that you have the poker skills/thought process to beat 200NL, but there are a few different skills needed. Tilt control probably a bit more important in NL, as its both more tempting to get tilted and probably more costly on average when you do. It's possible variance has turned the wrong cheek to you as well (see my winrates above for party), but I would suggest grinding on your game and continueing to give both a shot until one or the other really becomes the clear choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say my problems are twofold:
1) firing continuation bets on the wrong boards, and not knowing when to fire a 2nd barrel
2) going broke postflop with AA and KK

I don't know which of the two problems is worse. Cumulatively they have probably cost me about the same amount, though problem #2 is certainly more dramatic.

Here's a sample of problem #2. In this hand I know that I didn't reraise enough preflop (not sure why not in hindsight), but I did end up taking the flop with a decent SPR of about 5. The button is a LAGTARD idiot. The SB is a TAG. My image sucks because the button got his big stack by stacking me three times - once with set over set, once with flush over flush, once when he outflopped my KK.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($1045.75)
SB ($265.50)
Hero ($212.80)
UTG ($13.10)
MP ($79.90)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $4</font>, SB calls $3, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $20</font>, UTG calls $11.10 (All-In), Button calls $16, SB calls $16.

Flop: ($73.10) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $60</font>, Button calls $60, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $245.5</font>, Hero vomits.