View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 07:08 PM

Default Re: live misclick v. thetakeover 25/50 nl LIVE, 300bb deep...

This is my first post. Take it for what its worth.

I think this hand is very interesting. Raising pre-flop would have made this hand easier to play post-flop. But not raising isn't necessarily a mistake. Since you didn't raise you have alot of things to think about on the flop. I would be worried about the button cold calling pre-flop. Your flop bet and size are also not really a mistake. It got the button to fold which gives you position for the rest of the hand and based on its size in relation to the size of the pot I don't think it clearly defines your hand. Especially because of how deep you are.

Once you get check raised the rest of the hand depends on what level of thinking you put your opponent on. If you think he can accurately narrow your hand down based on your perception of him as a player and the flow of the hand then you need to weigh the likely hood that he knows what you have and is trying to push you off of your hand. What does he put you on? If he knows he is beat how much effort will he put toward pushing you off of your hand? Or has he made the correct read and is raising for value? I would consider a reraise. You have position. You isolated him with your flop bet so all of the aggression of his check raise is directed at you which is something he could do with a wide range of hands. I think he could easily have AKs AQs AJs. QQ+ is possible but I think he would have bet the flop. Your raise size makes me think that a cr was not his original intent and he thinks he can now take it away.