View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 06:12 PM

Default Re: Al Gore receives Nobel Peace Prize

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You know that guy is a meteorolgist, right?

[/ QUOTE ]He is a expert on hurricanes and he directly refutes Gore's and the global warming alarmists silly nonsense about global warming and links to hurricanes. There has actually been less hurricanes in the last several decades.

If you were to ask the so called experts and the global warming community if global warming has caused the increase in hurricanes over the last few decades I bet you would get a resounding yes. I bet only a tiny fraction of people could state that there has been no increase.

[ QUOTE ]
For the record, I would be very interested in seeing any data that suggests that man made global warming is NOT the consensus.

[/ QUOTE ]The argument of whether it is a consensus or not is really beside the point. I would just like to see a single study that shows a statistically significant likelihood that man has caused global warming. All we have is crap like the IPCC that uses silly phrases like "likely" and "highly likely" with confidence intervals that do not meet the scientific burden (in addition to the 100 other problems with that b.s. study). We also have crap like the false hockeystick that was the global warmings becon disappear in the IPCC report after being so prominently featured in the previous report. You have people global warming "experts" like Hansen and Mann making a mockery of scientific methods and you have massive issues with the historical temperature database (ie, it doesn't exist in native form).

So, to base belief in global warming on consensus is just plain silly to me at this point, especially when the so called experts may all relying on flawed data and approaches. Heck, we don't even know if there is a consensus among serious scientists. I understand the point you are making about following the consensus of experts in a field with no other knowledge and I generally agree with that. But, in global warming, I think if that one even looks a little bit at the data they would be a fool to believe those scientists who are saying global warming is caused by man. Heck, I am not even sure that global warming has occurred to any great degree or if at all given that there is no true temperature db to look at.

My challenge back to you is to produce a signal study by respected experts that shows, with a statistically significant degree of accuracy, the link between man and global warming.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I could take out every word relating to CC and replace it with 911 conspiracy arguments, the rhetoric is strikingly similar. No matter what evidence is provided the, the retort is always a widening of the conspiracy. Of course the IPCC is crap, they are in on it didn't you know that!