View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 04:19 PM

Default Re: SMP Outdoorsmen Poll

[ QUOTE ]
It is amazing the sheer numbers of arrogant jerks you find on the Internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm everywhere.

[ QUOTE ]
I put up a simple poll because I was curious about the topic and you feel you need to add the above.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, sorry dude, I was totally off-base. See, here I thought you had a position on theism vs. atheism and on nature and God, and I tried to predict your stance and obviously I was wrong. You had nothing to say about anything, no agenda, you just wanted to know how many SMPers hang out in the great outdoors. My bad...

[ QUOTE ]
Although, I do think (regardless of madnak's reply) it is hard to experience the wild and not believe that something greater than chance is responsible.

[/ QUOTE ]

...I was totally off-base.

No, to make my point explicit, because pure snarkism isn't appropriate on this forum, I wasn't insulting you to be a jerk. I was anticipating your argument to undermine your credibility. This is a point that has been brought up over and over again here and probably on almost every relevant forum out there. By nipping things in the bud, I think I can prevent Splendour-esque preaching or worse ("Jaws" theme, anyone?). It's already been said, but I'll reiterate - evolution isn't "chance," and a sense of meaning doesn't depend on theism.