View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 03:56 PM

Default Re: God helped Jerry Yang win WSOP!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I only said it because it needed to be said openly.

Theists have this annoying habit of confusing complicated rationalization with compelling reason. It has come to a point where they can look at the huge body of "work" they've produced over the millennia and think that it's truly compelling.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am glad you said it. I like this direction of the debate in general. Especially after reading that Sam Harris article that was linked in SMP not too long ago. i.e. removing the theist v. atheist crap and going straight for the reason jugular.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that a lot of the theists whose jugular you're going for don't understand 'reason.'

wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii man is a new board theist. He's already admonished some non-believers for not being logical.

[ QUOTE ]
I think there is more then we know as facts and since we can exist, the universe does, and billion other things could that we do not know about, I feel it's pretty logical to take leaps of faith on things like religion if it gives us answers to our purpose on this earth , right and wrong, etc.

It takes Steps, I believe in my existence, I believe in a Creator, I believe in the infinite universe, the Bible makes sense to me, BOM clicks as truth to me, I felt the power the spirit that book brings. Put them together and I think it's more logical to have those convictions then just believing in randomness and nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what constitutes reason.

You're talking two different languages. Reason to a theist means "whatever sounds good that coincides with my beliefs."