View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Why does it matter if Hitler was atheist/Christian...??

I'd like to comment...

[ QUOTE ]
So Zee, your point being that God is a negative on the world?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe he said that at all. I think he merely answered the question posed by the OP.

[ QUOTE ]
Plus I'd question you on that 50 Million number. Think more like 11 to 12 million at most. But who gives a [censored] about 30 to 35 Million people right. Let's just make up big sexy numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

11 million or 50 million... does it really make a big difference?

[ QUOTE ]
But I do know that Joseph Stalin and Mao Zedong who were atheist in the same century as Hitler did kill over 100 Million people together.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are missing the key distinction. Zee was saying Hitler accomplished what he did THROUGH religious beliefs. They were a factor in his plan/success and possibly his beliefs.

Your examples weren't motivated by the fact that they were atheists. Atheism has NOTHING to do with what they did. You might as well point out that they both had dark hair.

[ QUOTE ]
Plus, I don't buy into the God was a crucial piece of the puzzle cause a fanatic person will put that kind of emotion in anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether you buy it or not has little to do with what happened. Hitler used religion in his plans. You may question if he was sincere or not... but there's no doubt that he used religion in his speech and imagery to command his nation.

[ QUOTE ]
Know your facts and quit making up stuff to fit your warped ideology.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suggest you are defending your ideology here... so much so that you're putting words into zee's mouth.

[ QUOTE ]
Nations have been formed in that type of cause and God was no where near it. I know you want it to be so bad cause it would be so sweet for you, but you can't just make up things and have them be true. Believe or not, just cause you think something, doesn't mean it's true. Ah, what a concept. But if you want to be ignorant, whatever.

I'd love to get a list of the books you've fed urself in ur young naive life.

I like facts, how bout you?

Be careful what you read sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you're just ranting and making a lot of generalizations and vague insults to a person you do not know. It suggests you're having an emotional reaction to his post rathar then merely considering its content.