View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 03:28 PM

Default Re: live misclick v. thetakeover 25/50 nl LIVE, 300bb deep...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Agree w/ consensus... check flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok...so flop is a check. what do you do, afterwards, given my awkward flop bet? what is nick's range given action? thanks,
dlpnyc21

[/ QUOTE ]
It depends.
Are you willing to play for stacks here? (I don't think you should be)
Is he ever slowing down on the turn with any of his range if you flat call?
Would you ever bet a draw here? If so, would you get it AI on the flop against his range here?

It's basically a big game of how you think he's gonna react to your moves. Your hand is pretty transparent and if you're not willing to stack off here, I'd be mostly folding on the flop and I guess sometimes flatting the flop and folding to a solid turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't think I would play for stacks here, I would most likely call and evalute turn. Would probably flat with AA/1010/8x some of the time as well, and shove with them. Would shove most combo draws (although sometimes call with them).

I am not sure if he would slow down on turn, I imagine he would have to be scared after I bet smallish on flop, then "just called" his cr, he would have to be worried I have a big hand, making a turn bet without a very strong hand (we're basically all in on the turn) less likely. That said, if he feels I am weak, I see no reason why he couldn't shove turn, just that he would be less likely to given how strong I look.