View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 02:46 PM

Default National Championship

Here is what a recent article said concerning the Buckeyes:

• No. 1 Ohio State (7-0): Beating Washington and Purdue was nice, but the Buckeyes haven't exactly defeated a top-tier opponent. Also helping Ohio State's cause is that it competes in a weak Big Ten conference. Look for Tressel's squad to improve to 11-0 by beating Penn State on the road and Michigan State, Wisconsin and Illinois. A regular-season finale at Michigan could knock them out of the national title game. Ohio State owns three straight victories over the Wolverines

Is this right? In high school I would read sports articles and SI like a textbook, but now I am beginning to wonder wtf sports writers studied in college or if they can even do research properly.

Weak Big Ten conference? Visiting Happy Valley? At Michigan to end the Season? The Illini look good right? I was looking at the top 5 college teams and their remaining schedules and that OSU had one of the toughest. Am I crazy and just way off here? Does anyone agree with this guy that OSU has a free pass to an undefeated season