View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 01:20 PM

Default Re: TheVOid DQ\'ed? (Xpost)

[ QUOTE ]
the void busted me two spots away from the bubble, but i get nothing ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear Support,

I had heard the rumors that perhaps The_Void was a 2nd account of someone and blah blah blah. Now I heard that you guys have finished the investigation and determined he broke the rules, and his prize money will be redistributed.

Since I went relatively deep in this tournament, this was kind of good news to me, as I figured maybe I'd make some more money. I then read that everyone is simply moving up a spot on the pay scale.

To me, this does not seem fair.

Now, the person who got 415th place makes $2998.00 more than he had. ka$ino in 2nd place takes home an additional $677,548! However for all of us who cashed in an arbitrary (meaning non payscale bubble) spot, we don't make anything more. How is that fair?

I understand that this is your decision and it's almost certainly final. I know that this e-mail will not make you guys change your decision on how to distribute the $1.378M. I am mostly just curious why you think that is the fairest way to redistribute the money.

Wouldn't it be more fair to say, take the $1,378,330.50 and pretend like that's a whole new prize pool? And then 2nd place (who got 9.35% of the initial prize pool) would get 9.35% of the $1,378,330.50. And so on down the pay line. The problem with this is that you would be left with 18.39% (first place percentage) of the initial first place money. But you could simply do the same thing with that 18.39%. This would probably have to happen about 5 times or something until you are left with an arbitrary amount of money not worth distributing proportionally (say, $1). This way EVERYONE who cashed makes more money, and it's more indicative of their performance and luck from the tournament.

Again, I don't expect you guys to overturn your decision, I just want to know why it's fair that many of us who cashed get NONE of the redistributed $1.3M and others get respectable chunks of it simply for happening to land on a payscale bubble spot when they busted?

Sincerely,

A slightly upset Xaston