View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 01:09 PM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

[ QUOTE ]
I installed HM this weekend and imported my Stars hands without incident or errors. Some really interesting features and I look forward to the final release.

But, after reboot, I can not connect to the database. The first error stats that HM cannot read data from the transport connection. Then the test connection dialog comes up and when I test the connection, it says that the connection was forcibly closed. I have the standardized logon and password.

I'm running XP, I've tried this without firewall and AV turned on to no avail. I added a service exception for postgres in the windows firewall just incase that was a problem but I played with the program for about 4 hours before turning it off last night so I doubt that was an issue.

So, I uninstalled HM and postgres, deleted the postgres directory after the uninstall so the existing database would be wiped (yes, I tried an install without wiping the directory first but that did not help.) I did a fresh install, reimported my meager amount of hands again and all worked well. When I rebooted I could not connect to the database again.

In the pg_hba.conf file I tried setting the method on local connections to trust from md5 but no joy there either.

The postgres site says that version 8.2 has addressed the issue of having to run the service on a nonadmin logon so I assume that my running it on an admin account is not the issue.

Any other ideas or suggestions gratefully accepted.

[/ QUOTE ]

After rebooting can you try loading pgadmin and seeing if you can connect to the DB from that? I have a feeling that the service isn't restarting properly.

If it is not running then go into Control Panel - Administrative - Services and set Postgres to Start.

rvg