View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Re: 50nl - AA villian shoves river

[/ QUOTE ]
He has aces up. How is he not beating Jack and Tens?

[/ QUOTE ]

Villan could have: (1) lower overpair (QQ/KK), J10, trips (JJ, 10/10), or air (OESD that didn't connect). We have top 2 pr.

Villan's line (at least initially) just doesn't look like a set on the flop to me. Villan was IP w/ a chance to bet on the turn...but didn't. Then reraised all in when board paired.

My first thought was this is a clear call since villan could have lower overpairs or J10. But villan could also be doing a "stutter step" check on turn given the pot size to induce a bet from hero. If you look @ stack sizes, then a raise on rivr would enable villan to get his $ all in w/ a raise. (Since villan is in position, it also gives villan another chance to bet @ & build this pot if s/he checks river.)

What would I do? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I would call [because our hand is just too good against the full range of villan] & make a careful note about this player. (And throw my mouse across the room if this was a slow played set on the flop that filled up on the rivrr.) [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]