View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 07:56 AM

Default Re: 50nl - AA villian shoves river

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol. Lemme try again. I assumed that's why OP checked the turn so as played, is a river check/call not better. Otherwise why check the turn here?

[/ QUOTE ]
You're basically saying that because we make a bad turn play we should follow up with a retarded river line just to make the line congruent.

[/ QUOTE ]

No....As a matter of fact I was just asking why a bet/call is better than a check/call in this situation assuming we've gone with a turn check. Don't mind it being called retarded if you must but appreciate some constructive input please.

[/ QUOTE ]
The river isn't going to get raised often enough for making it a big concern. If I'm checking the it's to raise ai because that would look like garbage and it will get paid off pretty light (a pretty decent line imo). I wouldn't check because I would like to see a cheap sd.

Sorry if I came off harsch, but even if checking the turn would be the correct play (which is what your assuming in the first post qouted) it could be because you're getting paid off light on the river. Or it could be because he's looking for a c/r on the turn. Etc. So there doesn't need to be any incongruens between checking turn and betting river when it gets checked through. His check behind on the turn gives us additional information.