View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 04:41 AM

Default Re: Stud Hi - Poker Tracker Questions

They are looking for "cheap" calls on 3rd and 4th, so U make it expensive on 3rd and 4th. It really pisses them off, because it makes them very uncomfortable. They hate 3 bets early. So if they want to make early mistakes, then make them pay. A table of solid players will cap limpers. A very overlooked +EV play by "middle-of-the-road" stud players. You really test their emotions over a vwey short period of time. But keep in mind, their involvement is very important to keeping games going, so BS and negative chat is a no-no. So be friends and let them have their small win rates.

I don't play razz or stud8 but I think capping on 3rd would only occur when rolled (stud8) because of the need to still catch cards to make a winning hand. But I'm not sure, but it makes sense. I think it takes different styles to win at all three games, with razz and stud8 being more limited in scope, because of the need to still "catch". In addition, the need to bluff is a very important part of stud, while the other two games limit this critical part of poker.