View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 09:30 PM

Default Re: What Have You Collected?

[ QUOTE ]
This is awesome AJW. I love hearing about other people's collections. You have hoarded some cool stuff. What are you into collecting these days?

[/ QUOTE ]

Books on poker i guess

[ QUOTE ]

As a kid I had a nice collection of star wars figures I ebayed the last of them away a few years ago.
In my youth I collected The Incredible Hulk comic and some other Marvel comics but the Hulk was my favorite I have a full run from its relaunch with issue 102 up to its relaunch as Hulk 1 some time in the early 2000. I hunted about at comic conventions and in shops filling the gaps in my collection over a period of years paying good money for crappy 1970s issues I knew would have poor art and awful plots and dialogs.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
How much do you get for star wars figures on ebay? Which ones were most valuable?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not much over the years I had lost most of them so just bundled up what I had and put it on as one lot. I looked into prices before selling and I believe that the little guys who sold the droids to Luke I the first film are the most expensive If you have some variant of the cloak, silly money $500 or something.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, what happened to your Incredible Hulk comic book collection?

[/ QUOTE ]

Still have all my comics safely bagged and stored in boxes I should have sold just after the film came out if I was going to sell.

[ QUOTE ]

Concurrent with the comic collecting was my collecting of Games Workshop metal miniatures toy solders from a fantasy universe. I have two giant armies though I never played one game with them. Recently I looked into Ebaying them only to find they are worth more unpainted. I don’t want to sell them for less then they are worth but I don’t want to strip the paint off it just seems like I'm accepting that my artistic attempts devalue things like trying to sell a painting and finding buyers will pay more for the canvas.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Why didn't you play at least one game with them! I would have played at least one game if I had two giant armies. So what will you do with the soldiers now? Keep them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question I guess I was always waiting till every thing was perfect but by the time id finished getting every thing on my lists id fell out of contact with all the RPG (another large collection id forgotten) geeks id hung out with in high school. Regret over never using them is one of the reasons I’m loath to get rid of them. They reside in the bottom two draws of a chest sitting in the corner of my parent house.

One last collection I forgot I inherited my grandmother’s collection of diecast formula one cars from the late 70 early 80s The thing is I can't remember her ever watching formula one.