View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 08:34 PM

Default Re: Running well, and the inevitable reality check

[ QUOTE ]
Im sick of people saying i am lucky. I am down more then 1500$
in all in equity. I play a ton of hands, work on my game every day, and get paid for it. Seriously im sick of OMG Rider is lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rider,

I don't think anyone is saying that this is all luck. With the amount of hands you put in and the way you've said you've worked on your game, it could hardly be just luck. Part of being a good player is having the right skills and mindset available when the cards start coming your way. You were available with a vengeance.

You know, however, there are those sessions where it feels like people own your soul. All your bluff c-bet/semibluffs get called or raised and when you do manage to hit something they either have you beat, fold, or suck out. Imagine having that for the amount of hands you've had your run. For a primer on this go to the Master sticky and find Cmar's post on his ungodly long breakeven stretch.

People are worried that your gonna flame out as fast as you rose up. You know the whole 'pride goes before the fall' stuff. Pride and poker have killed many a bankroll. I'm not worried about you because you've consistantly stated that if you start running bad you have no qualms about moving down when your bankroll dictates.

Do us a favor though, stick around and help the rest of us, cause I want to have a sick run like that too.