View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 07:43 PM

Default Re: Going back to the gym after a long period of inactivity

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good point about eating less. I currently snack too much at night, and this is definitely a problem. I don't have much of an appetite during the day. Usually an egg white veggie omelette for breakfast and a salad with grilled chicken for lunch is plenty, but I struggle with appetite management in the evening.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that focusing a majority of your caloric intake to the evenings is contributing to your weight gain. Try to eat multiple meals over the day (at least 5), and start off with a good breakfast. Omelette is good, but you need some carbs as well for fuel. Oats are great for that.

Honestly I don't see how it's possible to work 70hrs a week and have a family and stay in shape unless your the most insanely disciplined person. Usually one area will get sacrificed, and it often ends up being your health.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, but again, the norm for me is 50 hours, and I start early, so I'm almost always home by 6pm. It really is not a legitimate excuse in my case. That one 70 hour week I pulled was an aberration.

The other problem is that since the baby was born, we're not cooking as much, because we don't have the time in the evenings. So we end up doing takeout more often, which is obviously no good. We have started cooking more again and are trying to make that our routine, but it's obviously not easy when you're dealing with putting a baby to sleep at night.