View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 06:46 PM

Default Re: hi/lo: slow down at some point?

I normally not a big fan of these types of hands either, but in the right situation, I think it's Ok, and in the game you described, I think the hand is playable, because, noone seemed to play over-aggressive(which you wouldn't want when drawing to this type of hand) plus, they also seemed to be the types who may not read hands very well so here's another added bonus for for the times when you do complete the draw because it's not an easy hand to make.

That said, I like your raise on 4th IF you thought it might get you a free card on 5th, and based on their tendencies, it looks like it just might work so that's good, not to mention, that unless you pair up on 5th, you're still going to be acting last (which is important if one of your objectives for raising was to get a free card). So please take the free card on 5th! These two guys are not folding, especially the guy with 3 low upcards and you can't even beat Ace high yet. Don't make this draw costly if you don't have to when you know that a bet won't buy you the pot.

On 6th, I prefer a check/call unless you feel that by betting, it might scare the player inbetween you and the other player who is showing 4 low cards and cause him to fold his hand/draw due to the fear of being raised by the last player and then perhaps again by you. And the river is a MUST call for one bet in a big pot in a limit structured game, and this is the street where I think you made the biggest error. Even if the initial raiser does have A's, the most he's going to do is check/call himself because the last player's board is too threatening.